Background / Purpose of Role
We are looking for an enthusiastic Electrical Instructor (Solar PV) to educate people in the electrical field, delivering basic technical modules including Electrical Modules for Global Wind Organisation qualifications and Green and Clean Energy spaces. You will need experience in the installation of small scale solar voltaic installation, commissioning and testing.
You will further develop technical training programs and help others develop skills that will make them better professionals.
Our Technical Instructors must be extremely knowledgeable in their field of expertise and possess solid technical aptitude. Additionally, we expect you to be an excellent communicator, able to explain complex subjects in a clear and interesting way.
The goal is to contribute to the development of people’s technical skills to meet organisational needs.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Devising electrical training programs according to organisational requirements
- Producing training schedules, measuring learning starting points to tailor delivery to meet individual needs
- Ensuring training and delivery develop sufficient workforce skills and is compliant with awarding bodies
- Ensure that learner progress is tracked and learners at risk of non-completion are flagged to management.
- Excellent classroom management and communication skills
- Keep and report data on completed courses, absences, issues etc.
- Observe and evaluate results of training programs
- Determine overall effectiveness of programs and make improvements
All staff will be expected to carry out such other relevant and appropriate duties within the framework of a post of this grade that may from time to time be required at a location determined by the needs of the service.
Main relationships (internal & external)
- Head of Renewables
- Quality Director
- Director of Operations
- Facilities Lead
- Third-party suppliers, agencies and Awarding Orgs
Essential Job Knowledge, Skills, Education & Experience relevant to the role:
- 5 years experience in the electrotechnical industry
- Proven experience as a technical trainer
- L3 NVQ Electrician Qualification or Equivalent (JIB Gold Card)
- Relevant Teaching Qualification or willingness to undertake
- Knowledge of modern training techniques and tools in technical subjects
- Experience in designing technical course content
- Working knowledge in MS Office (especially PowerPoint)
- Outstanding communication skills and comfortable speaking to groups
- Excellent organisational and time-management abilities
Desirable Job Knowledge, Skills, Education & Experience relevant to the role:
- Renewable industry experience or equivalent recent experience in a similar technical field
To apply email Andy.Cruickshank@TheProgress-Group.co.uk