Claiming Enhanced Learning Credits (ELC)April 11, 2018
SLC (Standard Learning Credits)April 11, 2018
The Enhanced Learning Credits Scheme (ELC) is an initiative to promote lifelong learning amongst members of the Armed Forces. You can utilise these during your resettlement phase and up to 10 years following release from the Armed Forces
- To be eligible for lower tier ELC funding (£1000), you must have been serving in the armed forces for at least 4 years.
- To be eligible for higher tier ELC funding (£2000), you must have been serving in the armed forces for at least 8 years.
- The only exception to this is if you left the forces before April 2008 then you will only be eligible for a lower tier claim regardless of your length of service.
- Each eligible claimant may make a total of 3 claims.
- Only 1 claim may be made for learning activities commencing in any one financial year
- Courses must be NQF Level 3 or above for both lower and higher tier claimants in order to receive funding.