Stage 1 Rigging and Lifting
This is an introductory level rigging & lifting course designed to suit the requirements of learners who have limited or no knowledge of rigging, lifting and slinging techniques.
What you need to know
This course provides a comprehensive introduction to rigging & lifting and including;
• Risk assessment, planning and control of lifting operations
• Ensure the area is suitable for lifting activities
• Lifting equipment pre and post use inspection, including certification
• Safe and correct use of different types of lifting equipment
• Selection of the appropriate lifting accessories for different types of loads
• Lifting accessories and their applications
• Sling various loads including balanced, unbalance and loose
• Weight identification, different ways to calculate the loads weight
• Disconnection of lifting accessories from the load
• Environmental factors that could influence lifting operations
• Correct procedure for the storage of lifting equipment
• Rigging principles and terminology
• Relevant legislation and ACOPs
• Safe systems of work
• Awareness of manual handling
The course takes place over 3 days, normally from our site in Liverpool.
- You must provide valid photographic ID such as a Passport or Driving Licence
- The course is run in English and as such you must have an appropriate level of fluency in order to participate. Course material is provided.
Learners will undertake a post course multiple choice question paper followed by a series of practical assessments.
“After doing some research I found Complete Training Solutions. The staff were so friendly and knowledgeable, I instantly felt reassured that Complete Training Solutions was the right company for me, and four days later I started the course at their site in Liverpool.”