LEEA Stage 1 Rigging & Lifting
This is an introductory level course. Learners with limited or no knowledge of rigging, lifting and slinging techniques will benefit from this training.
What you need to know
This course provides a comprehensive introduction to LEEA Stage 1 Rigging & Lifting including;
- Risk assessment, planning and control of lifting operations.
- Ensure the area is suitable for lifting activities.
- Lifting equipment pre and post-use inspection. This also includes certification.
- Safe and correct use of different types of lifting equipment.
- Selection of the appropriate lifting accessories for different types of loads.
- Lifting accessories and their applications.
- Sling various loads including balanced, unbalanced and loose.
- Weight identification, for instance, different ways to calculate the loads weight.
- Disconnection of lifting accessories from the load.
- Environmental factors that could influence lifting operations.
- Correct procedure for the storage of lifting equipment.
- Rigging principles as well as terminology.
- Relevant legislation and ACOPs.
- Safe systems of work.
- Awareness of manual handling.
The course takes place over 3 days, normally from our site in Liverpool.
- You must provide valid photographic ID such as a Passport or Driving Licence
- Must also have an appropriate level of fluency in English. Course material is also provided.
Learners will undertake a post course, multiple choice question paper. Subsequently, followed by a series of practical assessments.
Ainscough Crane Hire Ltd regularly commission the services of Complete Training Solutions to support the training needs of the Wind Energy Services part of our business.The service we receive, often at short notice, is beyond the level of service we would normally expect of a training provider. The professionalism, helpfulness and friendliness of their staff is very reassuring and they are prepared to go “that extra mile” to meet our needs.On visiting the centre in Liverpool, we were extremely impressed with the facilities available to candidates and the quality of the training resources used in training programmes. It is, by far, one of the best training facilities in the North West for training in the Wind Energy sector.
"It is with great delight to tell you that today I signed a contract to work full-time with Global Wind Solutions as a Wind Turbine Technician and will be travelling to Germany on Sunday for the company Induction Training.This would no doubt have not been possible without the IRATA, Full GWO Package and LEEA approved Slinger Banksman courses that I attended with Complete Training Solutions and would like to thank you, your team and all the Instructors for their hard work and professionalism."
“After doing some research I found Complete Training Solutions. The staff were so friendly and knowledgeable, I instantly felt reassured that Complete Training Solutions was the right company for me, and four days later I started the course at their site in Liverpool.”