IOSH Working Safely
Who is the course suitable for?
The IOSH Working Safely qualification is designed for those staff who are exposed to common workplace hazards on a day-to-day basis, and who need a basic grounding in the essentials of health and safety.
What is covered in the course?
The course covers a broad range of health and safety topics and gives delegates the knowledge and an understanding of common workplace hazards.
After successfully completing the course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand terms such as ‘hazard’ and ‘risk’.
- Use appropriate basic principles to mitigate health and safety risks.
- Know when to seek advice on health and safety risks and precautions.
- Understand how their actions impact an organisational health and safety strategy.
- Demonstrate understanding of risk assessments and assist in preparation.
- Report incidents and accidents.
The assessment consists of a multi-format question paper and a multiple-choice hazard spotting exercise.
- You must provide valid photographic ID such as a Passport or Driving Licence.
- The course is run in English and as such you must have an appropriate level of fluency in order to participate.
- Course material is provided.
All materials are provided on the day.
If you wish to gain in-depth knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety, the IOSH Managing Safely course is designed to give managers, supervisors and heads of department the knowledge and understanding to ensure their workforce operate in safely in various work environments.
- Duration of the IOSH Working Safely Course: 1 day
- Course frequency: This course starts on a regular basis, view our upcoming courses below
- Locations: Glacier Buildings, Brunswick Dock, Liverpool
- Cost: £140 +VAT
- Certificate: IOSH will issue your certificate. Please keep in mind it may take up to 6 weeks for delivery upon successful completion of the course.