Confined Space Level 2 Medium Risk (6150-52)
Who is this course suitable for?
This confined space training course is designed for workers who operate within medium risk confined spaces across a wide variety of industries.
A medium-risk confined space exists where there are access issues. Additionally, realistic expectations of encountering a specific risk. Lastly, possible introduction of specified risks during the work activity. Vertical direct unobstructed access with continuous attachment to a man riding hoist or similar mechanical rescue device.
What is covered in the course?
The aim of this unit is to assess learners against the national standard. Above all, in a realistic medium risk environment and prepare to work safely. Furthermore, entering and exiting confined spaces safely. Preparing and using appropriate respiratory protective equipment (RPE). Using equipment and tools safely as well as following procedures and dealing with emergencies.
After successfully completing the course the learner will be able to:
- Prepare to work safely in Medium Risk Confined Spaces.
- Enter and exit confined spaces safely.
- Prepare and also use appropriate respiratory protective equipment (RPE) for escape purposes in accordance with manufacturers’ specifications.
- Use equipment and tools safely and in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions.
- Follow procedures and work safely.
- Deal with emergencies.
- Use appropriate behaviour as well as knowledge for working in Medium Risk Confined Spaces.
- Lastly, apply relevant industry standards for working in Medium Risk Confined Spaces.
The assessment includes both practical elements which involves the use of our internal confined space unit.
- You must provide a valid photographic ID. For example a Passport or Driving Licence.
- Delegates must have an appropriate understanding of the English language.
- Course material is also provided.
- Delegates must bring a valid photo ID. For example a Driving License or Passport.
- Delegates must bring appropriate workboots.
- Overalls will be provided on the day.
If you wish to work in a Medium Risk Confined Space you are also required to complete your City & Guilds Confined Space Medium Risk (6150-52) course.
We also advise you get your CSCS Green Card which enables you to work on building sites across the UK.
Our instructors and staff have practical and relevant industry experience. Not to mention, our responsive delivery allows us to offer a wide range of courses each and every week. We can also offer tailored training packages for businesses, saving them time and money on staff training. Alternatively, find out more about our other training courses, or follow us on social media to see our latest updates!
- Duration of the Confined Space Level 2 Medium Risk Course: 2 days
- Course frequency: This course starts on a regular basis, view our upcoming courses below
- Locations: Brunswick Dock, Liverpool
- Cost: £315 +VAT
Delegates are issued Certifications by City & Guilds. Consequently, certificates may take up to 6 weeks for delivery upon successfully completing this training.
- Are there any entry requirements?
Delegates must have a basic level of reading and writing in English in order to complete the course and must provide valid photographic ID such as a Passport or Driving Licence. Course material are also provided.