CITB Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) Training Course
Who is this course suitable for?
This Site Supervisor Safety Training is designed for those who have or are soon to have, supervisory responsibilities within the construction industry. For example: Team Leader / Foremen / First Line Managers. This is a CITB accredited training course.
What is covered in Site Supervisor Safety Training Course?
The course provides supervisors with an understanding of health, safety, welfare and environmental issues, as well as their legal responsibilities relevant to their work activities. It will highlight the requirement to promote health and safety and to supervise effectively.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the problems of the industry.
- Have an understanding of how health and safety law is structured and how it applies to supervisors.
- Identify how their supervisory role fits in with the management structure in controlling the site safely.
- Carry out risk assessments and understand the need for method statements.
- Carry out effective site inductions, toolbox talks, and method statement briefings.
- Be able to monitor site activities effectively.
- Understand the importance of timely intervention when bad practice is identified.
There is a multiple-choice examination at the end of the course which consists of 25 multiple choice questions with a 72% pass mark required.
Delegates are required to bring a valid in-date photo ID e.g. Driving Licence or Passport
- Duration of this CITB SSSTS TRAINING COURSE: 2 days
- Course frequency: This course starts on a regular basis, view our upcoming courses below
- Locations: Brunswick Dock, Liverpool
- Cost: £270 +VAT
Delegates who successfully pass their assessment will receive a CITB renewable 5-year Site Safety Plus certificate.
- Are there any entry requirements?
Delegates must have a basic level of reading and writing in order to complete the course and must provide valid photographic ID such as a Passport or Driving Licence. The course is run in English and as such you must have an appropriate level of fluency in order to participate. Course material is provided.