CITB SMSTS Refresher Course
Who is this course suitable for?
The CITB SMSTS Refresher course is designed for anyone who has previously completed their SMSTS course and is looking to complete their refresher training.
What is covered in this course?
The five-day course covers a wide range of legislation relevant to working in the building, construction and civil engineering industries. It focuses on the need for risk assessments within the workplace and the importance of efficient communication. You will also cover topics such as structure, the implementation of necessary control measures and how to encourage a health and safety culture within the workforce.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- State your duties and responsibilities with regards to health, safety, welfare as well as the environment.
- Implement new guidance and industry best practice.
- Implement all health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation affecting your daily work.
- Their individual responsibilities for their own safety and the safety of others.
- You will be able to determine how to control construction hazards.
- How everyone can help achieve better practical standards of safety on site.
- Legal Requirements and Liabilities.
- Working at Height.
- Manual Handling.
- Fire Prevention.
- Work Equipment.
- Occupational Health+F20.
The examination paper includes 25 multiple-choice questions. You must reach a score of 72% in order to pass. Individuals must complete the exam in under 30 minutes.
Delegates are required to bring a valid in-date photo ID e.g. Driving Licence or Passport
If you wish to advance up to a supervisory role we advise you to sit the CITB Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme which is available at Complete Training Solutions. Alternatively, if you have further questions about this course or if you don’t see what you’re looking for. Please contact us and one of our friendly team members will be happy to help!
- Duration of this CITB SMSTS Refresher course: 2 days
- Course frequency: This course starts on a regular basis, view our upcoming courses below
- Locations: Brunswick Dock, Liverpool
- Cost: £295 +VAT
Delegates who successfully pass the assessment will gain their re-accreditec CITB renewable 5 year Site Safety Plus certificate.
- Are there any entry requirements?
Delegates must have a basic level of reading and writing in order to complete the course and must provide valid photographic ID such as a Passport or Driving Licence. The course is run in English and as such you must have an appropriate level of fluency in order to participate. Course material is provided.