CITB Site Manager Supervisor Training Scheme (SMSTS) Training Course
Who are the SMSTS courses suitable for?
Our SMSTS courses are designed for workers who have responsibilities planning, monitoring, controlling, organising or administering groups of staff. It is suitable for professionals in the following roles:
- Site Manager.
- Project Manager.
- Health and Safety Manager.
What is covered in this course?
The five-day CITB SMSTS courses cover a wide range of legislation relevant to working in the building, construction and civil engineering industries. It focuses on the need for risk assessments within the workplace. For instance, the importance of efficient communication and structure. Moreover, you will learn how to implement the necessary control measures to encourage good health and safety standards within the workforce.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- State your duties and responsibilities with regards to health, safety, welfare as well as the environment.
- Implement new guidance as well as industry best practices.
- Implement all health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation affecting your daily work.
- Understand their individual responsibilities for their own safety and also the safety of others.
- How to control typical construction hazards.
- How everyone can help achieve better practical standards of safety on site.
- Legal Requirements and Liabilities.
- Working at Height.
- Manual Handling.
- Fire Prevention.
- Work Equipment.
- Occupational Health+F20.
There is an examination paper with 25 multiple choice questions as well as a 72% pass mark. You must complete the examination in 30 minutes.
Delegates are required to bring a valid in-date photo ID e.g. Driving Licence or Passport
If you wish to advance up to a supervisory role we also advise you to sit the CITB Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme training course. This is available to you at Complete Training Solutions.
Alternatively, if you have further questions about this course, our team is always happy to help. Or if you don’t see what you’re looking for, please contact us! With Complete Training Solutions you have access to our knowledgeable team as well as experienced instructors to answer any questions you might have!
- Duration of this CITB SMSTS course: 5 days
- Course Frequency: This course starts on a regular basis. Please also view our upcoming courses below
- Locations: Brunswick Dock, Liverpool
- Cost: £520 +VAT
Delegates who successfully pass the assessment will gain a CITB renewable 5-year Site Safety Plus certificate
- Are there any entry requirements?
Delegates must have a basic level of reading and writing in order to complete the course and must provide valid photographic ID such as a Passport or Driving Licence. The course is run in English and as such you must have an appropriate level of fluency in order to participate. Course material is also provided.